We don’t like to think about experiencing dental emergencies; however, emergencies are a fact of life for many people. Although routine checkups will go a long way toward preventing dental crises, the fact is, you’ll probably experience one at some point. When that happens, you’ll be in good hands with the team at East Limestone Family Dental. Dental emergencies in Athens are no match for Dr. Fitts. He will put his years of experience to use to:Doctor Scott Fitts on dental emergencies Read Transcript
Dental emergencies happen frequently, most often at five o'clock on Friday, but they happen all the time. My philosophy has always been that if you're hurting, you need to see somebody, whether it be your doctor or your dentist. My staff knows that if you call my office and you're in pain, we're going to get you in that day. We may not be able to do the treatment that day, but we can at least get you in that day, see what's going on, get a treatment plan together, prescribe whatever medications that you need. If there's any way possible we can do the treatment the same day, we will. It just doesn't always work out that way. Dental emergencies at our office are taken very seriously, so if you have a dental emergency, if you're hurting, you can expect to call this office and be seen that day.
- Treat your immediate dental need so you can feel better soon
- Listen to your concerns, answer all your questions, and set your mind at ease
- Repair your smile to preserve its beauty and help prevent the need for more extensive dental work
- Provide follow-up care as needed to help you maintain a healthy, gorgeous grin
If you’re facing dental emergencies, call us now at 256-229-3416. Dental sedation is available to help you relax, plus we have cozy pillows and blankets for comforting touches. Besides offering same-day appointments, established patients can call after hours and get access to a special emergency line. We’ll always see you in the office as soon as possible.
Trust Our Team For Your Dental Emergency
Over his years of dental practice experience, Dr. Fitts has helped his patients through just about every kind of dental emergency imaginable. No matter what your situation is, he can stop your pain and get your smile back on track. If you’re hurting, there’s no reason to delay getting the help you and your smile need. Call us now and we’ll get you in for an emergency appointment as soon as possible.
Here are a few of the most common types of dental emergencies we treat, along with important steps for handling them before you’re seen in our office:
- Toothache – Something as simple sounding as a toothache could indicate an underlying problem such as an abscess, so it’s best to have Dr. Fitts take a look at it. In the meantime, use a warm water rinse in your mouth, and apply an ice pack or cold compress to help eliminate any pain or swelling.
- Loose or Dislodged Tooth – Try to carefully reposition your tooth to its proper place if possible. Apply ice or a cold compress to the area on the outside of your cheek to help reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Be sure to hold your tooth by the crown. Don’t touch the roots, as doing so could damage them. Put the tooth in a container of salt water, milk, or even saliva to preserve it, then use an ice pack to reduce pain and swelling.
- Loose Crown – Put a small amount of dental cement or toothpaste inside the crown to reattach it if possible. If it won’t stay in place, just be sure to bring it with you to your appointment.
- Soft Tissue Injury – Apply a small piece of gauze or a clean tea bag to your lips, gums, cheek, or tongue to stop the bleeding. If you’re still bleeding after a few minutes, go to the nearest urgent treatment center or emergency room for immediate care.
East Limestone Family Dental is here to help you with any Athens dental emergencies. Call us now if you’re in pain and your smile is at risk: 256-229-3416. If you have a non-emergency need, feel free to .