If you’re nervous about going to the dentist, don’t feel bad. Surveys have shown that most people have at least some dental fear. Just know that Dr. Fitts and his team at East Limestone Family Dental are experts at relieving dental anxiety in Athens. We offer you:Doctor Scott Fitts on relieving dental anxiety Read Transcript
We use a few different things to try to make patients at ease at the dental visit. We often see patients who struggle with dental anxiety. It's a very real thing for them, and oftentimes it goes way back. It's not something that necessarily happened recently. It may be something that happened as a child, and it's just instilled this fear in them that they've always carried with them.
So we always like to sit down and talk to the patient and find out, “Okay, so where is this coming from? Is this something that happened to you recently? Is it something that happened to you a while back? Why did that happen? What did not happen that should have?” From that, we kind of get a feel for where this is coming from, and we're able to have those discussions with the patient, “Well, okay, things have changed a lot since then. These are the things that we're able to do so that you don't have to worry about necessarily dealing with that again.”
Then we take the time to walk the patient through the different ways that we have to provide anesthesia to the patient, to make sure that they're not going to feel anything through the procedure. Or if we have to use (inaudible), if we have to use oral sedation, we've got those options, but we try to figure out what's going on ahead of time.
And it doesn't necessarily have to be a procedure that the patients have. It could just be coming in the office and getting their teeth cleaned. We've had patients that went through traumatic events in their lives, and just sitting in the chair is more frightening to them than what you would think, so you have to walk through that.
- A compassionate staff who will listen carefully to all your concerns
- Dental sedation using laughing gas that will help calm your nerves
- Amenities like pillows, blankets, coffee, TVs, and private care rooms
- A kids’ play area to keep your child preoccupied
Welcome to relaxing dental care! Call us today at 256-229-3416 to schedule an appointment. You’ll find us on East Limestone Road in Harvest, across from Subway.
Rest Easy With Relaxing Laughing Gas
For patients who need a little extra help easing their anxiety, we offer safe, gentle laughing gas. This form of relaxation will be expertly administered using a comfortable mask. After breathing in the sweet-smelling sedative, you’ll almost immediately begin to experience a feeling of lightness and euphoria. Your mind will relax, and any dental fear will melt away.
We’ll monitor the level of sedative during your appointment so that you get just the right amount needed. When your procedure is finished, we’ll give you fresh oxygen that will help you return to normal in minutes. You’ll be able to drive yourself home without any problems.
Take Comfort in Our Assortment of Amenities
We want each of our patients to feel as comfortable at East Limestone Family Dental as they do in their own living room. That’s why we provide so many patient amenities throughout your entire visit:
- When you come into our practice, feel free to enjoy a cup of coffee from our Keurig machine, or choose another drink from our beverage station.
- Your kids will enjoy a play area that’s full of toys and even a Playstation to keep them occupied. Plus, you’ll enjoy our free Wi-Fi.
- Once you go back to one of our comfortable, private patient care rooms, you can rest your head on a soft pillow and nestle up under a cozy blanket.
- Our office even features TVs in each room so that you can divert your attention away from dentistry while we tend to your smile.
When you need help relieving dental anxiety in Athens, trust the team at East Limestone Family Dental. We’ve been keeping patients comfortable for many years, so call us today to schedule your next checkup: 256-229-3416.