Without general dentistry services, your smile would slowly deteriorate. Just like a car needs regular oil changes and other maintenance to keep running smoothly, your smile needs routine care to remain healthy and look its best. At East Limestone Family Dental, an Athens, AL general dentist will help you keep your smile in the best shape possible. As our patient, you’ll enjoy:Doctor Scott Fitts on general dentistry Read Transcript
General dentistry, it's important because number one, it's important to maintain oral hygiene. I mean, we see patients so often that don't have all of their teeth or don't have any of their original teeth, and until you don't have that, you really don't know what a burden that becomes. So we want you to be able to keep everything that you've got, okay? So regular maintenance on that is super important. But beyond that, I mean, there are so many medical problems that to show up in the mouth that people don't realize. Whether it be periodontal problems, we've got gum bleeding and that sort of thing; sometimes that can be linked to heart disease. Or you may see a patient who's very slow to heal or something and link that to diabetes, and there are just so many different things that are linked to that.
But so what we're able to do a lot of times through normal routine exams is we're able to catch things really before they become a big problem. So we want to see people on a routine basis because things don't have the opportunity to go from bad to worse. We're able to catch that in the meantime. So if somebody comes in and has an issue, we're able to correct that relatively quickly to where it doesn't become something larger. Or if they come in for the first time and they have some issues with their gums, perhaps they have the beginnings of gum disease, we're able to go in and remove that, treat that, and get rid of it basically, see that patient on a regular basis to make sure that doesn't come back. Therefore, things that would have started potentially in the mouth and lead to more systemic problems in the body don't happen because we were able to see them and kind of hit that off before it becomes a problem.
- Comforting amenities like private care rooms, coffee, and TVs
- Convenient hours that fit around your schedule
- Dental sedation that will take the edge off any anxiety you have
- A friendly, compassionate staff dedicated to providing excellent care
We invite you to come and see what we’re all about. Call us today at 256-229-3416 to schedule an appointment. We’re located at 15059 E. Limestone Road in Athens, AL across from Dollar General.
Love Your Smile With Our General Dentistry Services
Dr. Scott Fitts and our staff believe that planning and early treatment can go a long way toward keeping our patients’ smiles in good working order. That’s why we encourage you to visit us twice a year for a dental cleaning and exam. We want to catch problems like tooth decay early and provide treatment before they have the chance to cause major damage to your smile.
However, we offer many other valuable services as part of our general dentistry care. They include:
- Oral Cancer Screenings – The key to successfully treating oral cancer is spotting it early. We’ll routinely check you for any signs of this disease so that you can get the early treatment you need.
- Gum Disease Evaluation – We’ll check the area between your teeth roots and gums for any infection, as early stage gum disease can hide in your mouth without causing any obvious symptoms. If gum disease is found, we can provide “deep cleaning” treatment to rid your mouth of bacteria.
- Digital X-rays – A complete set of X-rays will help us get a detailed look at your tooth roots, bones, and nerves to check for any problems.
- Fluoride Treatment – Fluoride strengthens your teeth enamel to help prevent decay from taking hold. When applied directly to the teeth, fluoride can even help reverse early stage tooth decay.
- Tooth Sealants – Thin layers of plastic form a barrier between your teeth and bacteria that can cause decay and disease.