Dental cleanings and exams in Athens form the basis of a beautiful smile. At East Limestone Family Dental, Dr. Scott Fitts will help you maintain your best and brightest smile through regular general dental care. Here are a few reasons so many patients have made us their home for great dentistry:Doctor Scott Fitts on dental cleanings and exams Read Transcript
We primarily focus here at the practice on routine dental visits. And by dental visits, that's exams, X-rays, cleanings, that sort of thing.
We do that basically, or routinely, I guess I should say, on a six-month basis for patients that don't really have any other outlying problems.
What that allows us to do is get you in every six months, take a look at your teeth, and we can tell in a six-month time frame if something's changed.
If it's changed a little, then we're able to go in and treat that. Six months in a dental world is longer than you think. Things can happen in six months that people really don't realize.
But not so much so that we're not able to get in there and treat it relatively quickly. So, it's super important to come in every six months, get your teeth cleaned. We are able to look at your records, follow you, and know that if something's going on, then we're able to catch it pretty quickly.
In children, for instance, I mean, things can happen in six months in a child's tooth that can be really devastating. Not so much in adult teeth, but children especially.
And so, we want to take the time to keep good eyes on that, have a good record of what's going on, make sure that if you do have something going that we're able to catch it and treat it.
- Convenient early morning and late afternoon hours that fit around busy schedules
- Advanced technology including digital X-rays, digital scanners, and a 3-D CT scanner
- Comforting amenities like beverages, pillows, TVs, private operatories, and a kids’ play area
- Dental sedation using safe, effective laughing gas
Call us today at 256-229-3416 to schedule your next dental visit – you’ll be glad you did! We proudly serve Athens as well as Harvest, Madison, Monrovia, and Toney.
Enjoy Your Best Smile Yet
Dr. Fitts recommends that our patients come in for a routine checkup twice a year. Doing so gives us the opportunity to keep an eye on your oral health and monitor you for any problems that could potentially cause damage to your smile.
Most people know that they’ll receive a thorough teeth cleaning and dental exam, but our checkups go beyond just a simple check for cavities:
- Our team will perform an oral cancer screening so that you can receive early treatment for this disease if needed.
- We’ll also look for signs of gum disease. We want to catch and treat gum infection before it has the chance to cause serious damage to your gums and teeth.
- Plus, we’ll take a set of X-rays if needed so we can get an up-close look at your teeth roots, bones, and nerves. We’ll look for any abnormalities that could cause you problems down the road.
Depending on the results of your dental exam, we may recommend one or more treatments to help you keep your smile on track:
- Fluoride treatments will help prevent cavities, as the fluoride remineralizes and strengthens tooth enamel. Fluoride will even reverse tooth decay when it’s in the early stages.
- Tooth sealants are thin layers of plastic that we can apply to the biting surfaces of certain teeth. They act like “raincoats” for your teeth by forming a barrier between your tooth enamel and harmful disease-causing bacteria.
Keep up with your Athens dental cleanings and exams to maintain a beautiful smile! Call East Limestone Family Dental today at 256-229-3416 to schedule an appointment.