If the thought of going to the dentist makes your palms sweat and your heart race, you’re in good company. Many people experience dental anxiety, often to the point that they avoid dental care altogether. Fortunately, East Limestone Family Dental offers Athens dental sedation that will help you feel completely comfortable. Using our sedation technique, you’ll experience pleasant dental care that will:Doctor Scott Fitts on sedation options Read Transcript
Anxiety in the dental office is something that we see on a regular basis, and it's something that oftentimes is really difficult to deal with and very real for the patient.
Here we want to make people as comfortable as possible when they come in, and so we have a couple of different options to do that. We can use (inaudible) in the office through a mask that relaxes the patient. That's our first choice, but if that doesn't provide sufficient sedation or comfort for the patient, we have another option.
Through oral sedation, we're able to prescribe oral medication for the patient prior to the appointment that they take the night before and the day of as long as they have someone obviously to drive them to and from the appointment.
But through those two options, we're able to alleviate a lot of the anxiety. And I also think that it's great to have (inaudible), and it's great to have oral medications to help with that, but a lot of communication really alleviates a lot of anxiety too.
So, we're able to sit down, take the time, really find out where those fears are coming from, you know, try to talk the patient through what we're fixing to do or getting ready to do: “How are you anxious about that?” And how can we discuss that to possibly alleviate some of that?
- Catch and treat oral problems early on
- Help you avoid the need for extensive treatments
- Give you peace of mind about your oral health
- Alleviate your anxiety about future dental visits
We invite you to experience comfortable, gentle dentistry using sedation. Call us today to schedule your appointment: 256-229-3416. Our address is 15059 E. Limestone Road, near the intersection of East Limestone Road and Capshaw Road.
Sedation Will Ease Your Anxiety
The team at East Limestone Family Dental understands dental fear. Over the years, we’ve been able to help a countless number of patients get past their anxiety using expertly administered dental sedation.
We use safe, gentle laughing gas to help our patients relax. Here’s how this type of sedation works:
- Using a small mask, you’ll breathe in a sweet-smelling gas.
- In a few minutes, you’ll begin to feel light and euphoric all over.
- Your mind will completely relax, and you’ll no longer be concerned about your procedure or checkup.
- You’ll get the care your smile needs to remain healthy and bright.
- We’ll then administer fresh oxygen, and you’ll feel like yourself in no time.
- You’ll be able to safely drive home with no problem.
Relax With Our Comfort Amenities
Besides sedation, you will also have access to several amenities that can help you feel right at home:
- Soft pillows for head and neck support
- Cozy blankets to take away the chill
- Complimentary coffee and other beverages
Visit East Limestone Family Dental to experience relaxing care with Athens dental sedation. Call us today at 256-229-3416.